Monday, April 1, 2013

MONDAY MOOD SWING



Ship's Log  04.01.2013




Ahoy Mateys! This here be me MONDAY MOOD SWING post. 

            *
              *
                *
                  *
                   
Today's MOOD be.......APRIL FOOL'S DAY? Why not APRIL "WHAT A LOVELY PERSON"  DAY?










Whenever April 1st comes along, I hear about a joke that someone has played on someone else. Nine times out of ten, it was not funny. Some people can be quite cruel on this day....and I ask you, WHY?






I don't like the word FOOL, especially when it's put with APRIL. Maybe it's because I was born in April...or that both my daughter's were born in April...or that my anniversary is in April...yep, could be those reasons. Aside from that, I just don't like this tradition. I know that a lot of people enjoy this day, playing tricks on their friends and getting away with it because it is April Fool's Day. And everyone has the right to play tricks on others. I just choose not to, because I truly do not like this day. But, that is just my opinion; everyone is entitled to their own opinions concerning April Fool's Day. I am not judging, just posting my MOOD for today.




So, you may ask: Have I ever been tricked on April 1st?  Yes, I have and it was NOT funny. I won't go into details because I adore the person who did it and I know that person is truly sorry. 





I want to hear from you now. Have you ever been tricked? Was it funny or cruel? Did you ever play a trick on someone else? Do you regret it? What say you? Like I said, we all have our own opinions, so don't be afraid to say that you enjoy this day. I am just curious as to what others think. Let me know in the comments.




Thanks fer stoppin' by Mateys! God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Mon Aprl 1st,
    Hey there Debbie. No, I am "not" any lover of April Fools' Day. It makes me feel nervous, as to what others may 'think' is funny, but in reality 'is not'.
    I once played a joke on my father (which was a BIG mistake, as he did not believe in -- joking around, teasing, or laughing at anyone). He only ever took his coffee with milk. And as a 'joke', I put in "several/many" spoonfuls of sugar. Innocent enough, yes ... but it was not received well. I was only a little girl at the time, and that .... was probably my first and last April Fools' joke.
    Well, have a good day anyway. But for starters: I can hardly believe we are in to the month of "April" .... already !!!
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brenda..I am feeling for you as that small child..thank you so much for sharing and God bless..

      Delete
  2. I have no real opinion on the whole April Fool's thing. We never really got into the 'fooling' idea, so I can't say I have been hurt by it, or have hurt someone else. As good, clean fun, it might be nice - like the extra sugar in the coffee - other than that, I would agree with you, Chap!

    God bless,
    Betti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Betz..and for giving your opinion..hugs

      Delete
  3. Never really experienced any April fool's stuff personally. I think it is funny because a lot of brands and websites and stuff do funny things on that day. For instance, Hulu was featuring "shows" that aren't real shows and Minecraft "revealed" their "new version" of the game that is supposedly coming soon with some really ridiculous and hilarious features, and a store I shop at told everyone their sale was over but then let you know it was really still on lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, some advertisements can be funny...I am basically against any personal attacks on people..those jokes that hurt and are not funny...thanks for stopping by and voicing your opinion, Matey, see ye back on the ship..

    ReplyDelete