Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wow! Don't pass this up!!!




Ship's Log    11.19.2013







Ahoy Mateys! Ye best be headin' over to CBD.com to get yer copy of  A Heart Deceived by Michelle Griep! For one day only, it will be at the low price of just $0.79! That's right, so get over there before time runs out!






From the Author:

I hear voices. Loud. Incessant. And very real. Which basically gives me two options: choke back massive amounts of Prozac or write fiction. I chose the latter. Way cheaper. I've been writing since I discovered blank wall space and Crayolas. I seek to glorify God in all that I write...except for that graffiti phase I went through as a teenager. Oops. Did I say that out loud?







Publisher's Description

Miri Brayden teeters on a razor's edge between placating and enraging her brother, whom she depends upon for support. Yet if his anger is unleashed, so is his madness. Miri must keep his descent into lunacy a secret, or he'll be committed to an asylum-and she'll be sent to the poorhouse. Ethan Goodwin has been on the run all of his life-from family, from the law ... from God. After a heart-changing encounter with the gritty Reverend John Newton, Ethan would like nothing more than to become a man of integrity-an impossible feat for an opium addict charged with murder. When Ethan shows up on Miri's doorstep, her balancing act falls to pieces. Both Ethan and Miri are caught in a web of lies and deceit-fallacies that land Ethan in prison and Miri in the asylum with her brother. Only the truth will set them free.

My Review:
After reading Michelle’s previous book Undercurrent, I was expecting nothing less than a great read. Well, I was not disappointed. Michelle has definitely stepped it up a bit with this new release. A bit on the darker side, but so intriguing and well written. There is so much going on in A Heart Deceived, you may ask “Will I get lost?” The answer is no! Michelle does an excellent job bringing all the different aspects together and making a perfectly harmonious story…..Murder, addictions, insanity, uncertainty, heartbreak…..add to that, forgiveness, love, compassion and heroism. You will also get a close up look at what went on inside Asylums in those days….so sad. 
Best of all, Michelle brings the power of God into her story in a way that will give you goosebumps. I truly think the story ended too soon. I would love to see a sequel to this book.  I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a story that stirs the soul and makes your heart pound. 


Get your copy HERE

That is all, Mateys!   God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment