Monday, February 20, 2017

CHAPPY DEBBIE'S NEW YEAR MUST READS.....WEEK FIVE!

                                    

AUTHORS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Week Five

*********

INTRODUCING AUTHOR 
Stephen M. Miller



Have you ever wanted to read the Bible in words that you can actually understand? Well, let me introduce you to Stephen Miller. He is currently paraphrasing the Bible and I think that he is doing a great job. He doesn't take away from or add to any of the scriptures. He simply puts it into words that go along with the way we talk today. Stephen has written many books about the Bible and his Maps are gorgeous! I highly recommend his books.


************* 

Bio:

Hi, I’m Stephen M. Miller. I write easy-reading books about the Bible. That’s my thing. My niche.
I write the way people talk. No Christian jargon. No religious clichés. No preaching.
I don’t tell you what to think. Instead, I report what some of the top Bible experts say they think. I pull from the heads of the tradition-minded as well as the mavericks.
I write especially for non-Christians, new Christians – people curious about the Bible and about what Christians believe.
As a 19-year-old college student graciously described my writing, I keep it “simple, not stupid.”
I try.
Even Christians enjoy this approach to studying the Bible, I’ve discovered.
I’m a former newspaper reporter who went to seminary because I wanted to make the jump to Christian writing. So I have a bachelor’s degree in news journalism and a seminary degree in biblical studies.
I cover the Bible beat.
If you insist on reading more about the likes of me, here’s a link to my bio: Stephen M. Miller.
Peace to you.


************

I asked Stephen to talk about some of his books. Here is what he had to say, along with the books and their descriptions.



***************


My favorite book is The Jesus of the Bible.  I loved researching it and spending a year studying Jesus. Sadly, the illustrated version of the book is out of print. The publisher released a text-only version called Understanding Jesus.


Book Description:

More than any other Bible character, Jesus is the person both Christians and non-Christians admire and want to better understand. Now, from Stephen M. Miller, author of the bestselling Who's Who and Where's Where in the Bible, this brand-new reference details the life of Christ, His teachings, and the faith He introduced to the world - all in Miller's casual, easy-to-read journalistic style. Miller sets the story in the Roman world where Jesus lived, adding new insights from archaeology and ancient history. Gorgeous full-color illustrations, fascinating sidebars, and a complete topical index round out this important book.



*************


The Complete Guide to the Bible is perhaps my bestseller. I haven’t checked the numbers lately. It competes in numbers with How to Get Into the Bible. The Complete Guide has been Amazon’s bestselling Bible handbook for several years, usually #1, but fighting for the top with a couple of others.


Book Description:

Interesting to read and easy to consult, The Complete Guide to the Bible is a reliable, jargon-free handbook for average people who want to better understand the entire Bible. Captivating writing along with beautifully designed and illustrated pages entice readers into the book and keep them lingering throughout its 512 pages. This latest project from Steve Miller, author of the best-selling Who's Who and Where's Where in the Bible, provides both the big-picture view of the whole Bible and its individual books, as well as fascinating detail on particular passages and topics.

You can buy your copy HERE.


*****************

The prettiest is The Complete Visual Bible. I love how visual that is. The publisher hired an outside design team to produce that book. And it shows. 


Book Description:

“See” the Bible in a whole new way! Brand-new from bestselling author Stephen M. Miller, The Complete Visual Bible will enhance your biblical understanding through hundreds of compelling images. Highlights of all 66 biblical books are presented both in brief, easy-to-read text and in beautiful paintings, informative photographs, colorful maps, and other graphic features. Miller brings both his seminary and journalism training to the project, offering fresh insights for readers of any age or background. Part Bible storybook, part study Bible, and part coffee table picture book, The Complete Visual Bible promises an enriching reading experience.  For a complete index of the book, visit http://stephenmillerbooks.com/books/complete-visual-bible/.

You can buy your copy HERE.

****************

GIVEAWAY!!!!

Stephen has graciously offered to give away one of his books....winner's choice...to one of my commenters. So, leave a comment below, along with your email address, to be entered. Paperback for US residents only.

****************

I wish to thank Stephen for allowing me to feature him on my blog. 


**************

More of  Stephen's books and a link to his Amazon.com page:





 .
******************
       CHECK OUT  ALL OF STEPHEN'S BOOKS ON HIS  AMAZON PAGE.



AND YOU CAN ALSO FIND STEPHEN  HERE: 





**********




CONGRATULATIONS TO DEBRA FER WINNIN' ONE OF CARRIE FANCETT PAGEL'S BOOKS! CARRIE WILL BE CONTACTIN' YE SOON.


**************


Thanks fer coming aboard! God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks. I like Stephen's books too. debradawn777@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer welcome, Matey! Ye be entered in the new drawin'!

      Delete
  2. I've never read any of his books, but I'd like to see his perspective of the bible. I'm a long-time reader of the Holy Bible, many years, and a serious Christian. I also write book reviews on Amazon, my blog, and sometimes on GoodReads. https://reader3926.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fer comin' aboard! I think Stephen's books are written very well. Yer in the drawing.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the one he sent me, I would love to read the Jesus one , oh I'm sharing your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Norma! Thanks fer sharin' Matey! Ye get two entries!

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks like such a wonderful bible. Shared.
    Thank you for this chance.
    CherylB1987 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Cheryl! Thanks fer comin' aboard and fer sharin'! Ye have two entries.

      Delete
  5. I am always thankful to authors who bless us with all their research! lelandandbecky AT reagan DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen has done tons and tons of research. Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete