Saturday, August 6, 2016

CHAPPY DEBBIE'S WEEK-IN-REVIEW



Ship's Log

July 30th-August 5th



Ahoy Mateys! Welcome aboard, find yerself a nice spot on the deck and enjoy.


                    ********************************



BOOKS



This week I be dedicatin' me blog to a devotional that I co-wrote with author MaryLu Tyndall. Pearls from the Sea is a 180 day devotional that I think will truly bless ye. Some of the devotions derive from our own life experiences. 


Description:

All aboard! From the shores of salvation to eternity's horizon, embark on a 180 day journey with Jesus at the helm of your ship. You'll encounter storms, ship wrecks, and battles but you'll also enjoy days of smooth sailing, glorious sunsets, and rainbows that span the skies! Life with Jesus is an adventure. He will never steer you wrong. Is your compass broken? Need some wind in your sails? Lost your anchor? Or maybe you've spotted an enemy ship on the horizon! Come aboard! Trust in the Captain of your souls. And hang on. You're in for the voyage of your life!

*************

This is a digital book and is not available in paperback. You can order a copy HERE.


I will be giving away 2 copies of Pearls from the Sea, so see the Giveaway section below for details.

**************




Award winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

Find out about all of MaryLu's books HERE.
You can also find her on Facebook HERE.
And check out her great blog HERE.


*****************



Debbie Mitchell taught Sunday School for over 20 years. She is a firm believer in reading through the Bible each year and is working on her 16th time through. Keeping in the Word and teaching Sunday School has helped her recognize and face the enemy. She lives in California with her husband Jack, aka the Butler, and their two dogs. She has two daughters, one son, two sons-in-law, and has been blessed with grandchildren that truly make her days.

You can check me out on Pinterest HERE.
You can also find me on Twitter HERE.

*********************



MOVIES & TV



Keeping with the sailing theme, this week I want to talk about a great movie. It's the 3rd installment in the The Chronicles of Narnia movies. The Voyage of The Dawn Treader is an exciting tale with wonderful characters. These movies never disappoint me...they always touch my heart and at times cause me to catch my breath in some way. I highly recommend all of the Narnia movies...this one especially. I do suggest you watch them in order, since the same characters grow up throughout the movies. 

Description:

Lucy and Edmund Pevensie return to Narnia with their cousin Eustace where they meet up with Prince Caspian for a trip across the sea aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader. Along the way they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world.


Learn more about the movie HERE.



************************


NEWS WORTH SHARING


MaryLu Tyndall has a new release coming out in September. Head over to her blog for her Pre-Release Party. You can read about the heroine of the story and enter to win a copy of her new book or some awesome bookends.

SHE WALKS IN POWER is a wonderful medieval story that will captivate you. I have created some memes to help spread the word about MaryLu's book. Here is one of them:




YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!!!


*****************

BLOGS TO SHARE



Did you know that Sea World had a blog? Neither did I. It's pretty cool. Head over and check out SeaWorld Cares. It has tons of information about how this group helps all around the world. This link will take you to the blog, but check out the other areas to find out all about them. SEAWORLD CARES


*******************



SHIP'S GALLEY

Here's one for the kiddos!


Ingredients

Produce

  • 1 Mint, Red and White

Baking & Spices

  • 1 Snack pack - vanilla

Snacks

  • 1/4 cup Graham cracker, Ground
  • 1 Teddy cookie

Other

  • Fruit Leather or Similar - Beach Towel
  • Mini Umbrella

************************

GIVEAWAY!!!!

This week I am giving away TWO copies of our Pearls from the Sea devotional. If you already own it, you can gift it to someone else. And remember that this is a digital book, so anyone can enter to win! Comment below on anything from this post to be entered in the drawing. The winners will be announced next week. 


*************************


CONGRATULATIONS TO BETTI FOR WINNING A DIFFERENT BEAUTIFUL. I WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SOON!


*****************************


THANKS FER COMIN' ABOARD, MATEYS!

GOD BLESS.






10 comments:

  1. AHOY CHAPPY! Pearls from the Sea sounds like a wonderful devotional. I love Capt'n MaryLu's perspective on things and enjoy her blog posts. I know I would enjoy your views as well.

    I LOVE The Dawn Treader! I own a copy of the DVD. Prince Caspian is so dreamy.

    Your beach pudding cups are TOO CUTE! Thanks for sharing.

    Have wonderful weekend.
    Caryl
    psalm103and138 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy Caryl! Yes, I love Prince Caspian. He is adorable. The cousin was annoying at the beginning, but he became one of my favorite characters once he changed. ;-) Good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Narnia no movies! I have watched them many times with my daughters and am sure I will with my grandchildren too! :)
    vgeslak at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoy Vicki! Thanks fer comin' aboard, Matey! Yes, great movies to watch with your children/grandchildren. Ye be in the drawin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHE WALKS IN POWER .. sounds so good! I'd love to be in ye drawin :)
    dkstevensne AToutlookdot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Deanna! Thanks fer comin' aboard! Ye be in the drawing fer the devotional!

      Delete
  6. AHOY Mateys!
    I been hankering for a Swimmingly Devotional that will shake me timbers and Land Ho I think I Found it! Blast me into Walking With The Captain of All Captains could it be Me Jesus. Ah Yea of little faith be blessed!
    Me AR wishing I would win Ye Book me fine ladies! Thanks and if I don't ye walk the plank. Lol 😍😃😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Justina! Welcome aboard, Matey! Ye be in the drawin'! Best of luck to ye!

      Delete
  7. Really feeling the need for a great devotional lately. I like this quote via Levi Lusko: "Life in real time is messy. The fingerprints of God are often invisible until you look at them in the rearview mirror." Thank you! brown.k (at) centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey! Thanks fer comin' aboard and checkin' me blog out! I put yer name in the drawin'. I love that quote. Thanks fer sharing!

      Delete