Saturday, July 9, 2016

CHAPPY DEBBIE'S WEEK-IN-REVIEW!




Ship's Log

July 2nd-July 8th



Ahoy Mateys! Welcome aboard, find yerself a nice spot on the deck and enjoy.


                    ********************************



BOOKS


This past week I had the pleasure of reading the newest release by Carrie Fancett Pagels. Sit back and enjoy reading about Carrie and this great book.

Carrie Fancett Pagels is a multi-published award-winning author of Christian historical romance. Twenty-five years as a psychologist didn't "cure" her overactive imagination! She resides with her family in the Historic Triangle of Virginia, which is perfect for her love of history. Carrie loves to read, bake, bead, and travel – but not all at the same time!

All of Carrie's books are wonderful reads and her newest is no exception. Without further ado, here it be:



TEA SHOP FOLLY

Isn't this cover adorable? And the story is so adoring! Here is the book's description:


Almost destitute, Lilly has run out of hope when she inherits her great-aunt’s home -- but it’s not the Tea Shop that a handsome young gentleman thinks it is. Lilly’s inherited house is crammed full of tea cups. Theo, a Soo Locks engineer, visits frequently in the hopes he will find the perfect antique teacup for his mother and is charmed by the lovely 'Shoppe owner.’ Lilly can’t turn the bachelor away when he persistently peruses her aunt’s collection, which she’s trying to pack up and remove from the house. Is the man only interested in the teacups, or in her? When Theo begins referring people to Lilly, and the genuine Tea Shoppe owner sets the police on Lilly for her lack of a business license, sparks fly!


MY REVIEW:

Wonderfully Sweet Story

Carrie never disappointments when it comes to giving a story that enchants the reader. This is a sweet story with a touch of humor....which adds to it's appeal. If you are looking for a book to leave you with a satisfying feeling, I highly recommend this and other books by Carrie.


You can read more about Carrie and her books HERE.


(Carrie has offered to give away a digital copy of Tea Shop Folly to one commenter. See the giveaway section below for details on how to enter)


**********************************


MOVIES & TV




I love The Carol Burnett show. Me and the Butler watch it every weeknight and it always makes us laugh. There are so many great skits on this show. I'd have to say that two of my all-time favorites are Tim Conway's Elephant Story and The Dentist skit. I am sharing the links to these two skits below...enjoy!


Tim Conway's Elephant Story:


The Dentist skit:




Read more about The Carol Burnett show HERE.






*********************************


NEWS WORTH SHARING



There is so much tragedy in the world today, a lot of it right here in our own country. I wish to take this time to lift up a prayer:


Dear Heavenly Father, I praise You. I lift up our country to You, Lord, and I ask that You intervene in all of this tragedy that is happening so often these days. I pray for safety, Father, for a hedge of protection to be put around the innocent people that are being targeted. I pray for this nation and the entire world, Lord, open up the eyes of all people to the destruction happening all around. Help us to find our way back to You, Lord, speak to hearts and open up minds. I ask that You give wisdom to those in authority, Father, help them to keep us safe and not to tear us down. Please bless this nation and the world....touch each heart, mind, body and soul. Help us, Father, we need You so much...please hear our prayer. I give this to You and I ask always for Your will to be done. I thank You, Lord, for everything that You do and are going to do. I ask it all in Jesus' name, AMEN.


*******************************


BLOGS TO SHARE


My recommended blog for this week is the Number One "Tea Blog". I thought it would be fun to share a blog that focuses on tea, to go along with Carrie's book Tea Shop Folly. 







T Ching’s mission is to nurture a community of tea lovers by providing a forum for the exchange of information, thoughts, and experiences.



Head over and check them out HERE



*****************************



SHIP'S GALLEY


In keeping with the 'Tea' theme, here is a refreshing iced tea recipe to make and enjoy!



Vegan Thai Iced Tea


Ingredients
  • 4 cups (960 ml) filtered water
  • 2 heaping Tbsp loose leaf black tea*
  • 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup or agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light muscovado sugar, organic brown sugar, or coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 14-ounce (414 ml) can light coconut milk (or sub vanilla almond milk, rice milk, or other milk of choice)
  • optional: 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) dark rum per serving (for a cocktail option)
Instructions
  1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
  2. Once boiling, remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside, then add tea and stir. Let steep for 5 minutes.
  3. Pour tea over a strainer into a pitcher or bowl to remove the tea leaves. At this time add maple syrup, muscovado sugar and vanilla. Whisk to thoroughly combine and dissolve sugar crystals, then sample and adjust sweetness as needed. Set in the refrigerator to chill (2-3 hours).
  4. Once tea is chilled, prepare serving glasses with generous portions of ice (see photo). Fill with tea until 3/4 full, then top with coconut milk. Stir gently and enjoy.


*******************************


GIVEAWAY!!!!


Like I mentioned above, Carrie has been nice enough to give a digital copy of her book Tea Shop Folly to one of my commenters. To enter into the drawing, simply leave your name and email in the comments below. Since this is a digital book, anyone may enter! Winner will be announced next week on my blog! 



****************************




Congratulations to JACKIE for winning a digital copy of Mail-Order Revenge...AND...Congratulations to CARYL for winning a digital copy of The Courageous Brides Collection! I will be sending you both an email soon!


******************************


THANKS FER COMIN' ABOARD, MATEYS! COME BACK NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHO BE WINNIN' TEA SHOP FOLLY!


GOD BLESS.




19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jackie and Caryl. Happy for my mateys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Lucy! Thanks fer comin' aboard again, Matey! Best of luck in the new drawin'!

      Delete
  2. Ahoy Chappy! I'm so excited to have won. Congrats to my matey, Ms. Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Caryl! I hope ye received yer book...I sent it this morning. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for having me on, Chappy! I am so glad you enjoyed Tea Shop Folly! This was a fun book to write! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! It was a fun book to read.

      Delete
  4. Hi Debbie. Enjoyed visiting you. I would sure love to win this book of Carrie's. She is such a precious lady. I don't have this one yet. Thanks for the chance to win it.
    Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxie! I think u have one on the way! You are precious to me!

      Delete
    2. Maxie can still be in the drawing. She can gift it to a friend if she wins.

      Delete
  5. Ahoy Maxie! Thanks fer comin' aboard and visiting. I put ye in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed visiting here today. I have read some of Carrie's books and really enjoyed them.

    Wendy Newcomb
    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Wendy! Thanks fer comin' aboard! Ye be in the drawing!

      Delete
  7. I have enjoyed Carrie's books so much and I know I will love this one too. Thank you for the opportunity.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Melanie! This is a fun read. Your name is in the drawing!

      Delete
    2. Hey Melanie! You won a copy on OWG blog and will get you the paperback when it comes out! Blessings!

      Delete
  8. The sound of this book reminds me of a lifetime movie, and I love lifetime movies. I have a love for Tim to and Carol everything they do. I think I shall pass on the the tea recipe though but all in all a good blog as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooohhhhh, from your lips to God's ears!!! I'd love to have this made into a movie, it would be cute!!!

      Delete
    2. Ahoy sis! Glad you like the blog this week. You are in the drawing. Good luck!

      Delete